Our firm is frequently asked to serve as appellate counsel for other Connecticut trial lawyers on issues of significant importance to the claims that we handle for our clients. Attorney Karen Clark is our lead appellate advocate. Karen has many years of appellate practice experience before the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts, as well as before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial and Appellate Courts, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Karen is also admitted to the United States Supreme Court.
Karen is a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and has served on its Amicus Committee.
Representative Reported Cases Include:
- Tara S. v. Charles J., 178 Conn. App. 547 (2017)(sex abuse)
- Doe v. King, 153 Conn. App. 905 (2014)(sex abuse/prejudgment remedy)
- State v. Lombardo Bros. Mason Contractors, Inc., 307 Conn. 412 (2012)(construction/statute of limitations)
- Sullivan v. Stein, 319 Fed. Appx. 42 (2d Cir. 2009) (constitutional law and professional liability)
- Hollister v. Thomas, 110 Conn. App. 692, denied289 Conn. 956 (2008) (Construction litigation)
- Doe v. Norwich Roman Catholic Diocesan Corp., 279 Conn. 207 (2006) (Sex Abuse)
- Smith v. Town of Greenwich, 278 Conn. 428 (2006) (Tort Reform – apportionment)
- Ross v. Forzani, 88 Conn. App. 365 (2005) (Civil Procedure – service of process)
- Allstate Insurance Co. v. Barron, 269 Conn. 394 (2004) (Insurance coverage)
- Szczapa v. UPS, Inc., 267 Conn. 952 (2004)(Supreme court certification process)