Kenny, O’Keefe & Usseglio provides its clients with one of the region’s best known appellate practices, regularly appearing in Connecticut’s Appellate and Supreme Courts, as well as the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial and Appellate Courts, the First and Second Circuit Courts of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Kenny, O’Keefe & Usseglio maintains a varied and diverse appellate practice, involving virtually every area of business litigation, product liability, professional liability and personal injury law. The Firm’s appellate practice draws upon cases referred for the purposes of appeal after trial, and for amicus curiae purposes, as well as appeals taken from matters handled at the trial court level.
Representative Reported Cases Include:
- Sullivan v. Stein, 319 Fed. Appx. 42 (2d Cir. 2009) (constitutional law and professional liability)
- Hollister v. Thomas, 110 Conn. App. 692, cert. denied 289 Conn. 956 (2008) (Construction litigation)
- Doe v. Norwich Roman Catholic Diocesan Corp., 279 Conn. 207 (2006) (Sex Abuse)
- Smith v. Town of Greenwich, 278 Conn. 428 (2006) (Tort Reform – apportionment)
- Ross v. Forzani, 88 Conn. App. 365 (2005) (Civil Procedure – service of process)
- Allstate Insurance Co. v. Barron, 269 Conn. 394 (2004) (Insurance coverage)
- Szczapa v. UPS Inc., 267 Conn. 952 (2004) (Supreme Court certification process)